Sunday, October 18, 2009

unbaked OREO cheesecake

I've been addicted to unbaked cheesecake especially the one that I made hehe. Not that I'm being proud of myself but it tastes good! hahaha. For the last three months, I just discovered that I indulged myself in unbaked cheesecake more to baked. The recipe takes a long time but yet so simple. I remembered, it cost me nearly as same as the price of a full 'secret recipe' cheesecake when I made it back at Malaysia. But thank God I only have to spend less than 20 bucks per cake here in US.

So here is the ingredients for unbaked oreo cheesecake:


Crust:

70 g unsalted butter
30 oreo biscuits (keep the cream for filling)

Filling:
250 g cream cheese

120 g castor sugar
150 g whipped cream

1 tbs gelatin (make sure it's halal)

80 ml full cream milk
2 oreo biscuits (crust 'em)

Lets start with the crust. To make the bottom, crust all the 30 biscuits (using your crativity) haha I used batu lesung for this step. Then, mix all the biscuits with butter. Using a spring form pan, press the mixture firmly into it. You might wanna press it very firm so that it won't break line. Put inside fridge for about an hour or until it firm.
Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar until they mix well. Then add in whipped cream or you can substitute vanilla ice cream for the whipped cream. I never tried using ice cream but perhaps it would taste better. The cream which you have been separated from the biscuits are added to the mixture and the 2 oreo crust biscuits as well. Beat the mixture until it smooth. In a pot, boil the milk and gelatin. Stir constantly. Pour the milk onto the mixture and mix again. So here is the last step, spread the mixture onto the crust and keep them in a fridge overnight. Wallah, finished!



This is the one that I made in Malaysia. Ye, mmg nampak buruk. Tapi rasa tak buruk pon :D

Salam.

3 comments:

Farouk said...

jiran2 ko ckp kek ni xburuk pn.
hoho nkk lagiii~ XD

Baizura said...

sedap siot cake ni. sedap weiii!!!

miss f21 said...

thanx roomie!
ohh umar bagi la fulus nnt aku ley buat utk st rumah korang ok ;p

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com